Start planning your New Year's Eve fun
If you're looking to go out beyond your couch to watch the ball drop and ring in 2017, there are plenty of happenings to peruse right here. While nearly all of the Berkshires' favorite restaurants will be serving dinner, this list highlights venues that offer live music, dancing and more.
Want to add something to the growing list? Email Jenn Smith at email@example.com, or call 413-496-6239. Happy holidays!
- The Adams Ale House, 8-10 East Hoosac St., will host a New Year's Eve Party with Mr. 413. There will be appetizers and dancing from 9 p.m., and no cover for this age 21-and-up event.
- Rebel Alliance will bring the funk, rock and reggae to The Grille, 77 Summer St., for an age 21-and-up dance party. There's no cover. Doors open at 9, show starts around 9:30 p.m.
- The Wahconah Country Club, 20 Orchard Road, will host starting at 9 p.m., a dance party with rock group Snakehouse. Doors open at 8. Tickets are $12.50 per person, and include snacks, and party favors for this age 21 and up event. Tickets must be purchased in advance, and can be done by visiting wahconahcc.com.
- Castle Street Cafe will have dinner seatings at 6 and 7 p.m., serving from its standard menu. Special menu seatings will be offered at 8:30 and 9:30 followed by dancing with The Rob Putnam-Rob Kelly Quartet. The special dinner, dancing and champagne toast is $100 per person. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 413-528-5244.
- Berkshire Bach Society presents "Bach at New Year's: A Celebration of Brandenburgs — All Six Concerti," starting at 6 p.m. at the Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center. The Berkshire Bach Ensemble will celebrate its final New Year's performance with harpsichordist Kenneth Cooper at the helm. Tickets range from $41-$86 and can be purchased at mahaiwe.org/BerkshireBach or 413-528-0100.
- After the ski lifts close for the evening, Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort will launch into its annual celebration, complete with a torchlight parade and fireworks. Christiansen's Tavern will be open til 1 a.m.
- Blantyre, 16 Blantyre Road, is offering a few tiers of New Year's Eve offerings: The New Year's Eve Premier Gala Reception ($300 plus taxes and fees) includes an exclusive champagne and caviar tasting from 7 to 8 p.m., served in the Main Hall, followed by an evening of fabulous cuisine, dancing and a champagne toast at midnight to ring in the New Year; the cost for the above, without the caviar tasting, is $150. Festive attire is requested. For reservations: 413-637-3556 or blantyre.com
- The Gateways Inn, 51 Walker St., will host a New Year's Eve Gala Dinner and dancing with live music by First Take, starting at 9 p.m. For reservations: 413-637-2532 or gatewaysinn.com
- BerkshireFlirt and Hotel on North, 297 North St., are teaming up again to host a flirtatious New Year's Eve, with music by DJ Black Angus, hors d'oeuvres, a cash bar, a champagne toast; hats, tiaras and noisemakers, goodie bags, and special ice breaker activities just for singles. You don't have to be single to attend, but you do have to be age 21 or older. Tickets are $45 per person; $120 per three-pack or $150 per five-pack, which can be reserved at berkshireflirtnye.eventbrite.com.
- The Tavern at The A, 303 Crane Ave., will host a New Year's Eve Masquerade Dance Ball, with License to Groove, starting with an "East Meets West Dinner Buffet," at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance for the dinner/dance party, or $10 for the dance party only. The doors for the dance party open at 8:30, with the band starting at 9. Reserve tickets at 413-652-1554 or 413-448-9009.
- Casey's Billiards will host again the party band SHYNE starting at 8 p.m. The $5 cover includes music, party favors, food, pool and a midnight toast.
- The ITAM Lodge No. 564, 93 Waubeek Road, will host its annual Gala New Year's Eve Party beginning with a cocktail hour at 6 p.m., followed by dinner, live music by Corey Zink & County Line, and a midnight champagne toast. Tickets are $60 for members, $65 for non-members, and can be reserved by calling Alba Wendling at 413-499-3492.
- Bousquet Ski Area, 101 Dan Fox Drive, will host a New Year's Eve Bash with The Malibu Brothers, starting at 9 p.m.
- The Barn at Race Brook Lodge, 864 South Undermountain Road, presents "NYE in the Shire: With Jackson Whalan, The Nice Ones, Ross Jenssen." The show begins at 8 p.m., and tickets are $15 in advance at http://bit.ly/2f1Wv7U or $20 at the door. Expect hip-hop, groove, house and more, along with professional light and video projections, and more. Lodging is also available. Info: 413-229-2916 and mention the "NYE in the Shire" special rate.
- Shaker Mill Tavern Family Smoke House, 5 Albany Road, will host a New Year's Eve Party with dance-driven rock band, Resistor, starting at 8:30 p.m., no cover. Reservations are recommended for dinner. A champagne toast will be offered at midnight.
- The Orchards Hotel will host a New Year's Eve Gala with The BreZieEastman Band, dinner, a deejayed dance party, champagne toast and more. Tickets are $79 per person and include a buffet dinner, the comedy show, dancing and toast. A hotel accommodation and brunch package is also available. Information and reservations: OrchardsHotel.com or 413-458-9611.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.