New Year's Eve: Here's where to party in the Berkshires
You could stay at home, or visit friends or family. You could eat one last good meal of 2016 at your favorite restaurant. Or you could be where the people are, at any one of the following festive venues hosting music and more. The choice is yours. (Note: There are several more additions to last week's list.)
Whatever you do, keep safe and find a sober driver, and stay tuned for more things to do in 2017. See you in the new year!
- The Adams Ale House, 8-10 E. Hoosac St., will host a New Year's Eve Party with Mr. 413. There will be appetizers and dancing from 9 p.m., and no cover for this age 21-and-older event.
- Rebel Alliance will bring the funk, rock and reggae to The Grille, 77 Summer St., for an age 21-and-older dance party. There's no cover. Doors open at 9, show starts around 9:30 p.m.
- The Polish National Alliance Lodge 1365 (aka The P.N.A.), 13 Victory St., will host a New Year's Eve Party will DJ BK.
- The Wahconah Country Club, 20 Orchard Road, will host starting at 9 p.m., a dance party with rock group Snakehouse. Doors open at 8. Tickets are $12.50 per person, and include snacks, and party favors for this age 21-and-older event. Tickets must be purchased in advance, and can be done by visiting wahconahcc.com.
- Castle Street Cafe will have dinner seatings at 6 and 7 p.m., serving from its standard menu. Special menu seatings will be offered at 8:30 and 9:30 followed by dancing with The Rob Putnam-Rob Kelly Quartet. The special dinner, dancing and champagne toast is $100 per person. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 413-528-5244.
- Berkshire Bach Society presents "Bach at New Year's: A Celebration of Brandenburgs — All Six Concerti," starting at 6 p.m. at the Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center. The Berkshire Bach Ensemble will celebrate its final New Year's performance with harpsichordist Kenneth Cooper at the helm. Tickets range from $41 to $86 and can be purchased at mahaiwe.org/BerkshireBach or 413-528-0100.
- Fuel, 293 Main St., is hosting a New Year's Eve dance party with DJ BFG returning to South County roots. There will be a bottomless tapas bar to graze from 8 to 10 p.m., followed by a champagne toast at midnight. Tickets are $50 for food and dancing, or $15 at the door starting at 10 p.m., until they reach capacity. Visit Fuel on Facebook to get your tickets early.
- After the ski lifts close for the evening, Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort will launch into its annual celebration, complete with a torchlight parade and fireworks. Christiansen's Tavern will be open til 1 a.m.
- Blantyre, 16 Blantyre Road, is offering a few tiers of New Year's Eve offerings: The New Year's Eve Premier Gala Reception ($300 plus taxes and fees) includes an exclusive champagne and caviar tasting from 7 to 8 p.m., served in the Main Hall, followed by an evening of fabulous cuisine, dancing and a champagne toast at midnight to ring in the New Year; the cost for the above, without the caviar tasting, is $150. Festive attire is requested. For reservations: 413-637-3556 or blantyre.com
- The Gateways Inn, 51 Walker St., will host a New Year's Eve Gala Dinner and dancing with live music by First Take, starting at 9 p.m. For reservations: 413-637-2532 or gatewaysinn.com
- Firefly Gastropub & Catering Co., 71 Church St., is hosting The BTU's for an New Year's Eve Dance Party. This local group plays, rock, jazz, blues, and funk. There's a $10 cover, unless you dine there, too; then the party's included.
- The Tavern at The Village Inn, 16 Church St., will ring in the new year with karaoke with DJ Laurie and a dance party with DJ Bruno Fiasco, starting at 9 p.m. No cover, and there will be a champagne toast at midnight.
- The Mohawk, 30 Marshall St., is ringing in the new year with DJ Murtz, playing Top 40 and more, starting at 9 p.m.
- Bright Ideas Brewing, 111 MASS MoCA Way, will be hosting a "Low-Key NYE," starting at 7 p.m. The taps will be open and food will be available. They'll be screening films of cult classics fame, including, "So I Married an Axe Murderer" and "Monty Python and The Holy Grail," as well as spinning some classics on vinyl. Come and be comfy, no cover.
- BerkshireFlirt and Hotel on North, 297 North St., are teaming up again to host a flirtatious New Year's Eve, with music by DJ Black Angus, hors d'oeuvres, a cash bar, a champagne toast; hats, tiaras and noisemakers, goodie bags, and special ice breaker activities just for singles. You don't have to be single to attend, but you do have to be age 21 or older. Tickets are $45 per person; $120 per three-pack or $150 per five-pack, which can be reserved at berkshireflirtnye.eventbrite.com.
- The Tavern at The A, 303 Crane Ave., will host a New Year's Eve Masquerade Dance Ball, with License to Groove, starting with an "East Meets West Dinner Buffet," at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance for the dinner/dance party, or $10 for the dance party only. The doors for the dance party open at 8:30, with the band starting at 9. Reserve tickets at 413-652-1554 or 413-448-9009.
- Casey's Billiards will host again the party band SHYNE starting at 8 p.m. The $5 cover includes music, party favors, food, pool and a midnight toast.
- The ITAM Lodge No. 564, 93 Waubeek Road, will host its annual Gala New Year's Eve Party beginning with a cocktail hour at 6 p.m., followed by dinner, live music by Corey Zink & County Line, and a midnight champagne toast. Tickets are $60 for members, $65 for non-members, and can be reserved by calling Alba Wendling at 413-499-3492.
- Bousquet Ski Area, 101 Dan Fox Drive, will host a New Year's Eve Bash with The Malibu Brothers, starting at 9 p.m., in the Tamarack Lounge.
- The Pittsfield Elks Lodge 272, 27 Union St., is hosting a New Year's Eve Masquerade Ball, starting with a 7 p.m. cocktail hour, followed by a 8 p.m. dinner buffet, then dancing with DJ Linda Smith into 2017. The cost is $20 per person.
- The Barn at Race Brook Lodge, 864 South Undermountain Road, presents "NYE in the Shire: With Jackson Whalan, The Nice Ones, Ross Jenssen." The show begins at 8 p.m., and tickets are $15 in advance at http://bit.ly/2f1Wv7U or $20 at the door. Expect hip-hop, groove, house and more, along with professional light and video projections, and more. Lodging is also available. Info: 413-229-2916 and mention the "NYE in the Shire" special rate.
- The Red Lion Inn and Lion's Den, 30 Main St., will be in full swing. The Red Lion Inn will host its annual New Year's Eve Gala, which includes dinner and dancing with the John Sauer Band. Harpist Teresa Mango will serenade diners as well. Call 413-298-5545 for more information on seatings, pricing and to make reservations. Down in the Den, Bigger Boat will church out bluesy rock grooves and more, no cover.
- Shaker Mill Tavern Family Smoke House, 5 Albany Road, will host a New Year's Eve Party with dance-driven rock band, Resistor, starting at 8:30 p.m., no cover. Reservations are recommended for dinner. A champagne toast will be offered at midnight.
- The Orchards Hotel will host a New Year's Eve Gala with The BreZieEastman Band, dinner, a deejayed dance party, champagne toast and more. Tickets are $79 per person and include a buffet dinner, the comedy show, dancing and toast. A hotel accommodation and brunch package is also available. Information and reservations: OrchardsHotel.com or 413-458-9611
- The '6 House Pub, 866 Cold Spring Road (Route 7), will celebrate with The Ray Gifford Band, starting at 6 p.m.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.