Berkshire Trendsetter finalists announced
The winners will be announced and the finalists recognized at the seventh annual Celebrate the Berkshires event, which takes place Sept. 14 at Bloom Meadows in Williamstown.
The Community of North Adams will also receive the 2017 award for Putting the Berkshires on the Map at that event.
This year's Berkshire Trendsetter categories include: Comprehensive Marketing Campaign; Entrepreneur/Visionary of the Year; Creative Economy Standout; Growing/Advancing the Berkshire Economy; Newcomer of the Year; Nonprofit Impact; and Under 40 Change Maker. Each category has five finalists.
The categories and finalists are listed below:
- Comprehensive Marketing Campaign: Haddad Auto Dealerships; The Lenox Chamber of Commerce; MountainOne; Pittsfield Public Schools; Shakespeare & Co.
- Entrepreneur/Visionary of the Year: Berkshire Sterile Manufacturing; Latent Productions; Mungy Studios; Tad Ames; Whole Life Pet Products.
- Creative Economy Standout: Berkshire Pulse; IS183 Art School of the Berkshires; Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival; Shire City Herbals; WAM Theatre.
- Growing/Advancing the Berkshire Economy: Allegrone Construction; Berkshire Health North; Fire Cider; Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort; Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts.
- Newcomer of the Year: Adam Hinds; Berkshire Scenic Railroad; Dr. Jaimie Birge; Everett Lamm; The LakeHouse Inn.
- Nonprofit Impact: Berkshire Baby Box; Berkshire Humane Society; Hillcrest Dental Care Inc.; McCann Technical High School; Northern Berkshire Community Coalition.
- Under 40 Change Maker: Alice Maggio; Ben Lamb; Jay R. Green; Jesse Cook-Dubin; Jessica Vecchia.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.